A registered training organisation (RTO) is costly and time consuming to manage: registration management, compliance administrative paperwork, training resource reviewing, validations and moderations the list is endless. Personnel at the Institute have worked in the VET industry for many years and bring this wealth of experience to private and public RTO entities, as well as non-RTO entities searching for professional accredited training solutions for their personnel or clients.
The Institute RTO services group also offers "turn-key" RTO management solutions. These services enable RTO's to get on with the important business of delivering training to clients.
Institute services designed for RTO entities
Outsourced training delivery;
Training resource development, reviewing - VETQF, AQTF, AQF;
RTO compliance solutions;
AQTF > VETQF transition for RTO's;
Extensions to scope;
Institute services designed for non-RTO entities
Outsourced training delivery;
Outsourced training delivery services
As a private RTO, trainers at the Institute have more than 25 years delivering training to domestic and International businesses and
organisations. RTO's and non-RTO's can outsource training delivery to the Institute.
Training on scope
The Institute can deliver training based on our scope
of offering or under your scope
provided we are qualified to deliver the training package. Training can be fully customised for your client needs and delivery can take place at a nominated location.
Can you deliver a qualification that is not on your or our scope?
Off course we can but it involves registration of the qualification to scope and sourcing a qualified trainer-assessor to deliver the training.
The Institute will develop and register the training package on our/your scope (depending on how you wish to arrange it) and source a trainer who is qualified to deliver. Our staff are qualified to deliver to the highest AQF levels in the business, management and finance areas, so we are qualified to deliver on almost all qualifications in those training packages. Alternatively, you may already have a staff member who is qualified to deliver. The Institute would properly assess and map trainer competencies and professional development prior to registration. We can provide or source professional development solutions to ensure trainers are fully qualified to deliver under compliance to standards set in the VET Quality Framework (see Auspice partnerships below).
The Institute can deliver through:
- Face-to-Face classes (Fast-Track training);
- Full-time/Part-time external enrolment (distance learning);
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL);
- eLearning LMS (online);
Partnering allows any non RTO business or organsiation to deliver nationally recognised training under the auspice of the Australian National Institute for Training and Development. Auspice partnership arrangements with the Institute serves the needs of:
- Non RTO entities who have qualified trainers and wish to deliver accredited training and qualifications
to clients/staff but are not registered to do so;
- Non RTO entities who do not have qualified trainers and wish to deliver accredited training and qualifications to clients/staff but are not registered to do so. Qualified Institute trainers can be resourced or sourced elsewhere.
An auspice arrangement allows non RTO entities to use their own trainers (or Institute trainers) to deliver accredited training in partnership with the Institute. The role of the Institute is to formally register the training to the Institute scope and ensure that an auspicing partner training and student management system and related base operations is compliant to standards set in the VET Quality Framework (VETQF).
Each partnership is given a dedicated program manager responsible for collaboration and quality management of outcomes. They will:
- review and assist as required partner training-assessment material and supporting documents ensuring
it is up to date and meet accredited training package requirements and quality delivery;
- provide feedback to partner training programs to assist in ensuring training material is best tailored to client needs;
- ensure partner trainer-assessors meet VETQF standards required to deliver training and assessment in the VET sector;
- review and assist in the implementation of a quality management system for the continuous improvement of training-assessment delivery in the marketplace;
- regularly review the auspicing partner quality management system to ensure quality assurance and compliance to standards
of the VETQF.
Training resource development, editing and reviewing
High quality compliant training and assessment material makes up one of the core components of an RTO. The
Institute has an experienced team of writers with many years experience with developing, editing and reviewing
training and assessment material to the national VET Quality
. The Institute offers a wide range of training resource development services including:
- Reviewing, enhancing and updating superseded training packages to current ones for registration to scope (BSB, FNS, CHC, TLI, RII, CPC);
- Consultation and delivering customised training packages (workplace specific training material,
assessments, training/assessment/trainer mapping PowerPoint presentations, lesson plans LAS/TAP)
ready for registration. Training resources can be developed and accredited to either function as
part of an RTO partnering agreement or sold as a stand-alone solution;
- Course accreditation and registration.
The Institute offers the following compliance services to exisiting RTO's:
- Pre and post audit rectifications (AQTF, VET Quality Framework);
- Business Quality Management System improvements for Audits;
- Training package reviewing/editing for compliance to AQTF/VET Quality Framework requirements,: training assessment strategy and planning, training material mapping, trainer mapping, professional development for trainers in compliance to industry standards;
AQTF > VETQF transitions for RTO's
Transition requirements and VET Fee HELP
RTO's wanting to access the Commonwealth VET Fee HELP (subsidies for AQF 5-6 qualifications) must transition from the AQTF > VETQF.
RTO's may wish to transition from the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) to the National based
Vocational Education and Training Quality Framework (VETQF)
for several reasons that may include:
- State legislation changes forcing changeover;
- The RTO wishing to deliver nationally;
- The RTO wishing to use VET Fee Help subsidies;
The Institute can help RTO's make the transition by:
- Reviewing/editing quality management system and documentation requirements to comply with NVR standards;
- Review/edit qualification training material;
- Complete initial registration forms;
- Followup any post audit followup requirements if any;
Extensions to scope of registration
The Institute can help RTO's extend their scope of registration through either consultation and advice and/or developing training material
for extensions to scope. The Institute offers:
The Institute can help clients develop a validation system or conduct the validation.
- Course and assessment tool development and mapping to unit of competency performance criteria, skills/knowledge and critical aspects for assessment;
- development of learning assessment strategies (LAS), training assessment plans (TAP);
- mapping of trainer competencies;
- facilitating or conducting the industry consultation process;
- assessment validation and moderation;
Validation is a process required by the VET Quality Framework and AQTF to ensure the quality and consistency of assessment material. During validation, assessors compare and evaluate assessment materials and tools against the unit of competency to ensure:
- fairness, and;
- sufficiency of assessment.
Compliance standards require that all assessment methods are to be systematically validated and documented during registration of a training package.