What the program does
The programme has been implemented with success in a variety of settings and has been particularly effective in:
- helping long-term unemployed people develop the motivation and self-belief to complete other training and find jobs.
- equipping parents with better parenting skills.
- enabling those being made redundant to develop a new future for themselves.
- reducing reoffending and aiding reintegration with employment as part of offender learning initiatives.
- helping employees gain the confidence to deal with change, improve their working relationships with colleagues and take more accountability for the impact of their own behaviour on the working culture of the organisation.
- improving relationships between teachers and parents and fostering increased parental involvement in school life.
- strengthening grassroots change initiatives in community regeneration projects along with a renewed sense of possibility and community; enhancing participation in and ownership of local initiatives.
The STEPS® concepts provide a common language for articulating a vision of a better future and offers a proven approach to making the vision a reality.
What can you expect
After participating in the programme, individuals have greater expectations of success and higher self-efficacy.
TPI clients see:
- higher levels of motivation
- increased self belief
- improved ability to set goals
- raised levels of personal accountability
- insight into how their mind works.
Evaluation data completed by participants indicates a 93% recommendation response to the programme. STEPS® can be delivered very flexibly according to the needs of the group or organisation.
Reference: The Pacific Institute
About the workshop
- Must bring identification;
- Minimum dress standards - neat casual, enclosed footwear;
- Morning and afternoon tea included. Participants need to bring their own lunch;
- Participants should bring their own laptops if they need it unless otherwise advised;
- Businesses/organisations seeking bulk staff training can request this course at anytime;
Duration: 2 days;
Time: 8:30AM to 4:00PM;
Lecture notes and workbook(s) provided;